Under the My First Home Scheme launched by the Prime Minister on March 8 2011, the objective of the scheme is to assist Malaysians to buy affordable properties given the general high purchase prices of Malaysian property, especially in Kuala Lumpur. Therefore our Prime Minister encouraged developers and banks to be part of this government initiative for the best interests of the people. In fact the corporate sector can assume such initiative as part of the corporate social responsibility program. The scheme hopes to encourage developers to build affordable houses to improve the quality of life of Malaysians and to make the country a developed nation.
Among the main highlights of the schemes are:-
• To ease the burden of our younger generation who are facing in increased cost of living and increased in property price to afford a home on their own
• Government listen to the voice and recognised the need of the young people
• To create awareness among the youth about the scheme
• To generate more young buyers in the real estate sector
• To increase peoples’ quality of life